Judge Minty, the Judge Dredd fan film.

Judge Minty Edmund Dehn
Judge Dredd Greg Staples
Director Steven Sterlacchini
Director of Photography and Digital Imagery Stephen Green
Prop and Costume Creator Daniel Carey-George of Custom Creations
Storyboards & Concepts Barry Renshaw
Written By Steven Sterlacchini & Michael Carroll, based on the work of John Wagner

Wednesday 17 December 2008

I guess that's when you know it's time to quit.

I think it's about time I started a progress blog on the Fan Film I am making with Daniel Carey-George and Stephen Green.

I have always been interested in filmmaking, but the idea of actually doing it just seemed way out of reach. I remember hearing a Director, I think it was John Waters, answering a question about how to get in to filmmaking. His response was something along the lines of, "you buy 'some many' thousand meters of film stock, you hire a camera and get your friends together and make a film". This always stuck in my head.

With the birth of the digital age in cinema, the cost of 'professional' equipment began to drop and the idea began to grow. Until the means to make some kind of project finally came within reach.

So armed with a high end Mini DV camera and a bunch of friends dressed up as 'space soldiers' we started making our first film. Galloping around the forests and moors of Northern England, we made our short stories about 'The Boys and Girls of SAC22'. This project is tantalising close to completion and is the main reason for the delay in progressing with 'Minty'.

No comments:

Post a Comment